I've decided to dedicate Sundays to "Grateful Sunday" for blog posts. I most likely won't do it every week. I'm sure many of you don't want to be bothered by it as well. But I love Sundays for a variety of reasons, and figured a productive use of my time would be to express my gratitude for the day's happenings. So let's go.....
1) I am grateful I remembered to take the detour to church today, as a particular road/bridge is closed for a little while.
2) I am grateful I made it through two hours of singing time with the children at church. I was exhausted, sweating and relieved it was done.
3) I am grateful I attempted cooking my roast in a different fashion.... it is not done yet, but does look promising. We shall see, the biggest critics have yet to taste.
4) I am grateful my husband does genealogy... we may have found some long lost 2nd cousins today!!
5) I am grateful the hurricane back east is subsiding... I know that doesn't make it any better for those that have been affected... my prayers are with them.
6) I am grateful for the wonderful summer I have had thus far with my family. I hate to see it end so soon.
7) Last, but certainly not least..... I am grateful for the background noise I hear, for they are my sweet children playing with each other, passing the time.
So that's all for now..... perhaps I should have waited until bedtime to say I was grateful no one at the dinner table spit their roast out. I guess that could still happen. Wish me luck.