I Forgot I Had A Blog.... and that's a good thing.

Ever since I decided to go back to school to get my bachelors, I have neglected a few things: the dusting (well, I never really did do that to begin with), my vegetable garden, scrapbooking, making cards, and oh, this blog. As I finished up another term this week, I remembered I did indeed have a blog, of which I completely forgot about!

There is so much social media. Take your pick and you will be connected with the world in an instant and find out the most interesting things about people; some of which I could surely do without ever having known. I got rid of my Twitter and Instagram accounts. I never used twitter and rarely used Instagram. And who could forget Pinterest. I really do like Pinterest, but have found less and less time for it. And it's a good thing Pinterest is in cyber-space, because I certainly would have no room for the real life bulletin boards in my house. I stopped following some groups on Facebook, and un-liked 99% of my political pages. Boy, did it feel good just doing that! I felt my life was being over-crowded with the world's noise; contention, materialism, frivolous information. Are all those outlets bad? Not at all, just not for me.... right now.

I believe in expressing my convictions, even when it's uncomfortable; however, I cannot change the world alone. A little rant on Facebook, or a "like" on a certain page isn't going to end world hunger or achieve world peace. I am the first to admit that I have used Facebook to express my disdain over this and that, and to some degree I think that is okay. I enjoy looking at Facebook, catching up with friends, posting pictures of the family for my extended family to feel a part of. I really do enjoy that about Facebook. But I need to be careful; we all need to be careful. The more outside distractions I eliminate, the more peace I find inside. I believe the internet can and should be used for good, and it is something I am trying to be more conscious of now. I firmly believe one of the biggest ways families can be torn apart is by lack of communication, especially when our heads are down trying to catch up with the latest information, whether it be the news, or what so and so had for breakfast. Rather, we should be looking up into the eyes of our children and/or our spouse catching up with them. After all.... aren't they the one's we should more concerned with how they are living THEIR lives? I prefer being a part of their life, rather than my Facebook friend's lives. (No offense to all my Facebook friends.... I really do love you all!)

I am not sure if I will continue to keep this blog or not. I'm trying to decide if it is worth it. Because I don't follow many blogs anymore, I wonder if blogs are a thing of the past. I simply don't have the time, and that is the biggest reason really. But that has to be a good thing, because the less time I spend on social media..... that must mean I'm spending more time with my family and those things that are of value.

My intention in the beginning was to use this blog as a way of journaling my thoughts and convictions about life. I feel I was able to do that for awhile, but as I said, life, or school, got in the way. I have two more terms left..... I will graduate in April 2015, and maybe then my life won't be as hectic, or, maybe it will never slow down since my kids are growing and the demands of their schedules require more of me. But that's okay, because I don't want my family to become a thing of the past. I want them to be the present. MY present. So ta-ta for now! Maybe I'll blog again when I'm a University Graduate!!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Be A Pioneer

Chocolate Chip Cookies Make The World Go Round......

Living In The Moment.... quit your whining!